Welcome to the Melting Pot iPad return and resale program. This page is set up to help you prepare and return your iPads for the resale program. Please follow the below instructions to prepare, pack and return your iPads.
Unlock and erase your iPad
Pack and return your iPads
How to clear, erase and reset your iPad. Removing iCloud lock / Activation Lock is vitally important in order to be able to resell your items. iPads returned locked, can not be resold.
Please follow the below steps before packing your iPads:
Turn off Find my iPhone
Activation Lock is tied to the Find My iPhone app on iOS. If you have your iPad in your hands, this is the fastest way to turn off Activation Lock.
- Launch Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap your Apple ID banner.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap Find My iPhone.
- Switch Find My iPhone to Off.
- Enter your Apple ID password to confirm.
- Tap Turn Off.
You’ll then need to sign out of iCloud on the iPad.
Erase all content and settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. You should be asked to enter your iCloud password.
This is a secondary step that will remind you to remove Find My iPhone and the iPad Activation lock if you were not successful with Step 1
Erasing the content and settings will turn off Find My iPhone which unlocks your device. You will receive an email confirmation that Find My iPhone has been disabled for this device.
IMPORTANT: You must remove iCloud Lock / Activation Lock and erase all data before you return your iPad. iPads returned locked can not be resold and will be recycled.
How to pack and ship your iPads
Once you complete the below return form, Memory for Memory will send you a kit to securely return your iPads. You will receive everything you need to return the iPads: Instructions, packing materials, and a return label. Once the iPads are securely packed, simply place the return label on the box and call FedEx at 1.800.463.3339 to schedule a pickup.
If any iPads are damaged, chipped, or have cosmetic issues ( any form of damage ) please note that on the form. If any are please note that on the return form.
When you send us a request to return your iPads we create a project number to track your project. The return process is:
- Return request is submitted by location through the return website
- Project number is created to track the location and estimated units to be returned
- Return kit is shipped to location
- Location packs iPads and has FedEx pick up box for return
- Items are received at Memory for Memory
- Email is sent to location contact indicating that iPads have been received
- iPads are tested, cleaned, and listed for sale
- Within 20 days of last item selling, a sales report will be emailed to site contact and payment is made.