What is ITAD?
ITAD is Information Technology Asset Disposition or Information Technology Asset Disposal.
Charitable ITAD is when these assets are donated and put to good use.
When faced with excess or outdated IT equipment, many organizations consider donating the assets to charity. While non-profit organizations are always in need donations, Memory for Memory specifically utilizes end-of-life IT assets to fund our mission. In addition to providing a service and building goodwill in a community, donating equipment with Memory for Memory is a cost-effective and secure way to recycle IT assets.
Many corporations have already established community giving programs, which are separate from IT or any other department. Often, an employee who has a favorite charity will spearhead a request to donate used equipment. No matter which causes a company chooses to support, donating used equipment is a worthy endeavor. However, not all charities are created equally—while some may be able to effectively process used electronic equipment, many will not. This is where Memory for Memory makes a difference – as an electronic recycler and 501c3 organization, there is no middle man and all of your donation goes directly to Memory for Memory.
While donating IT assets can be a headache, at Memory for Memory we make the process straightforward and efficient. IT Asset Managers know that just handing off equipment that the company no longer needs is not that simple – so they need someone they can trust. Preparing IT hardware for removal can be a daunting process that drains time and resources, and raises concerns about security. There are a number of considerations: data security, financial, and other issues need to be addressed, all of which we can assist you with. At Memory for Memory we can help.
Another common issue with ITAD is that asset tags must be removed, data drives sanitized, and hardware transported. At Memory for Memory we can take over this process – moving your hardware, tracking and removing your asset tags, destroying your data, generating a certificate of data security.
Turn Your Disposition into funding for Alzheimer’s care and research.
At Memory for Memory, our mission is simple. Turn your ITAD into funds for Alzheimer’s care and research while protecting your data and responsibly recycling your hardware. Our process is to sanitize or destroy your drives, refurbish and resell what equipment we can, and recycle the rest. The profits from the recycling/resale process are then donated back into the Alzheimer’s community.
Over the years we have donated to Alzheimer’s Community Care, Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation, Mind & Melody, US Against Alzheimer’s, and Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, among others. Call us to learn more about what we do, how we do it, and how we can be of service to you.
MEMORY FOR MEMORY’S CHARITABLE ITAD SERVICES INCLUDE:
- US and International Logistics
- Pick-Ups – Local, National and International
- Loose Equipment Packing and Removal
- White Glove Service
- Dedicated, Secure Vehicles
- Chain of Custody Reporting
- All Assets are tracked from pick up to receiving and final data processing
- Detailed Audit of all assets collected:
- Serial Number
- Asset Tag
- Hard Drive Serial Number
- Erasure and Compliant Data Destruction for all storage media
- NIST 800-88 and DOD 5220.22-M Compliant Process
- Hard Drive Erasure and Hard Drive Destruction
- Complaint with:
- Department of Defense
- SOX & Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- PCI (Payment Card Industry) Data Security Standard
- Flexible. Our process can be modified to meet even the most detailed data security portals
- On-site asset scanning before assets are removed from your facility
- On-Site hard drive removal, scanning, and shredding
- On-Site Erasure of Enterprise Hardware trackable to hard drive serial number
- Dedicated Transportation
- Sealed, dedicated truck from pick up to delivery
- Secure, guarded transportation services